Opened in 2003, the Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH) is a state-of-the-art medical facility located in Cobourg. The hospital delivers a broad range of services, including:
- A 24/7 emergency department.
- A closed ICU.
- Medical/surgical care with 4 active ORs.
- Complex continuing care.
- Palliative care.
- Obstetrical care.
In house specialities currently include:
- General surgery.
- Internal medicine.
- OB/GYN, supporting a robust FP-OB team
- Palliative care, supporting local family physicians who provide palliative care as part of their practices.
- Diagnostic and interventional radiology.
Visiting specialties are always expanding but currently include:
- Vascular surgery.
- Psychiatry, supporting our out-patient community mental health program.
- Nephrology, supporting our on-site dialysis unit.
- Oncology, supporting our on-site chemo centre.
Northumberland Hills Hospital is affiliated with some of the top medical schools in the country offering many teaching opportunities. NHH is a fully accredited ROMP (Rural Ontario Medical Program) Training Site.
NHH is fortunate to be incredibly well-supported by the community. Over the past 10 years, the Northumberland Hills Hospital Foundation has raised more than $15 million in support of the hospital.